Baby shaker card

with No Comments

I am loving making these super fun and adorable baby cards! I got a great idea to make a baby rattle on the front of the card from family craft night, and thought I would take it one step further to create a shaker card! There were a lot of steps involved, and I wasn’t able to take a photo of everything. The card never ends up working out the way you first imagined it to anyways. Here I am anyways trying to show you how I made this!

 

 

DSCN2193

 

Firstly I chose my coloured background cardstock, which was a light purple 65lb cardstock by recollections (from michaels). The fun baby patterned paper I borrowed from a friend and I’m not sure where she got it from, but it is adorable. I cut the card base to 8.5 inches by 5.5 inches. The baby patterned paper was cut to 4.25 inches by 5.25 inches. I scored the card base, and then glued my patterned paper down. Once the glue was dry I die cut two different sized circle dies with my cuttlebug. These two holes will be my rattle! So now I have to measure a piece of foam to fit behind the card front, and to have the same exact holes as the front, so you do not see the white foam.

 

DSCN2196 After the foam was cut exactly to match the card front, I cut two separate pieces of acetate which would be glued between the card front and the foam. These pieces were glued onto the back of the card front. They will be the windows to keep the sequins inside!

DSCN2199 DSCN2200

Once the acetate is glued down, the white foam can be fitted on top. I used tombow liquid glue to glue all these parts down. I let the glue dry a bit and then poured a generous amount of sequins into each little hole.

 

DSCN2201 DSCN2203

To make the back of the sequin portion, I wanted it to have some fun colours. I used some distress inks and blended them together. Once I achieved my desired colours I spritz a tiny bit of water to the wet ink. This made cool water droplet effects. (The round velcro dots on my inks usually keep my foam sponges for each colour, in case you are wondering)!.

Once the colouring was done, I added 3d foam tape, since the foam I have down doesn’t cover the whole card. The foam tape would hopefully close the gaps.

 

DSCN2204 DSCN2205

Once this was all glued, I decided the other side on the inside needed to be the same colour as the top, so I cut another piece the same size and glued it down. This is where I stamped my sentiment for the inside. Lastly on the card front I needed to glue down the tiny little round piece that I had cut from the baby patterned paper to the bottom of the rattle. I used some scallop dies onto some similar pink paper to created a scalloped line for the top part of the rattle. And then I made a bow out of ribbon. This was probably the hardest bit of the card. This bow would just not cooperate since it was such a wide bow. I would definitely recommend using small ribbon for card bows. Congratulations was die cut using the same colour purple as my card background.

IMG_5349

In the end, this is what it looked like!

IMG_5348 (1)

 

 

Leave a Reply