I love using my Gansai Tambi watercolours now! I think I have so many card fronts made up already, that I cannot wait to use! This was one of them, and I created a ‘galaxy’ background using some dark blues and purples. I just knew I had to use my Avery Elle Written in the Stars stamp set.
Here is a quick video of how the card was made:
I used the mama elephant stitched border die cut to cut my galaxy background down to the card front size, and I used the mama elephant scalloped border die to cut down black cardstock for behind the galaxy. I then used one star die cut to cut out multiple star holes which would be my ‘windows’ of my shaker. This took some time since I only had the one! I used clear acetate to close up the starry windows, and glued that onto the back of the card, and added foam tape to create a space for all of my sequins. Once my blue, silver and black sequins were on my acetate I placed the black cardstock carefully on top. I didn’t put it on straight (of course), so I had to take if off, and I am glad that happened, because I was able to add some silver glitter tape on the spaces that would be see through from the stars. This made my stars stand out wayy more. I was smart this time, and placed the sequins on the black cardstock and glitter tape, and placed my galaxy card front down onto the black cardstock.
For my sentiment I used the same black cardstock, and cut it into a stitched oval with the avery elle sweet scallops set, and stamped my sentiment using versamark ink. I poured some silver ranger embossing powder overtop and made sure I swept away any little bits that were not supposed to be there, since once this was heat set, it would be very noticeable. Once it was heat set, it still wasn’t shiny enough for me so I added some glossy accents, which I struggled to get out of the container. (If anyone has any tips on this stuff, please share). This definately added some shine, and I glued down the sentiment piece to the bottom left corder of my card.
I used up all my little recycled bits of stars and used some foam tape to have them popping out a bit from the front.
I just love how this card turned out, and how I thought outside the box with the shaker window, and didn’t use my standard round or square shaker window.
Thank you for visiting me today, and check back soon for more ideas and inspiration.